Profile Eva Göllner
As an interpreter for German (A), English (B), and Spanish (B) I have the following experience:
- Conferences covering a variety of themes, amongst others:
Supervisory board meetings, depositions, development aid, finances, micro credits, hairdressers meetings, youth social work, power plants, culture, religion, radio, annual reports, police work, medicine (hernia, Alzheimer’s, integrative medicine, prosthetics, metabolic disease, transplantation), international training events of a large American networking company, hearings of an American government agency, bilateral meetings of the medical association, waste management.
- Meetings of European Works Councils
- EU, EU Funds, Finance
- Depositions. These specific cases were patent violations of automobile manufacturers. I was involved in the preparation of the witnesses and in their actual depositions.
- Accompanying foreign delegations.
- Factory visits of any kind (amongst others several automobile manufacturers and suppliers of the automobile industry, pharmaceutical companies, a switchgear factory, a linoleum factory, a glass recycling plant…)
- Training sessions of any kind.
The terms “interpreter” and “conference interpreter” are not protected by law. I am therefore a member of the professional association of conference interpreters in the BDÜ (Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators) and adhere to a professional code of conduct and ethics, guaranteeing the following with my work:
- I am trained and qualified to work as a conference interpreter.
- I am constantly extending my general and specific knowledge.
- I always prepare formy jobs meticulously.
- I am aware of my big responsibility.
- I work in a team with other interpreters.
- I am highly flexible, organized, and stress resistant.
- I have a keen sense for intercultural communication.
- I treat all the information that I become aware of during my work with strict confidentiality, even if I have not signed a confidentiality agreement.
- I only accept jobs that I feel confident I can fulfil.
- Intercultural Coach (Intercultural Certificate, Jena, 2013)
- MIC – Master in Conference Interpreting(University of La Laguna, Tenerife, 1999)
- Übersetzerdiplom (Degree in Applied Languages, English, Spanish, FASK Germersheim, Johannes-Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, 1991)
- Industriekauffrau (Vocational Training for Industrial Clerk) (IHK Hagen, 1986)
- English Proficiency (University of Cambridge, England, 1982)